Luxury Vinyl Tiles (LVTs) are a highly durable flooring option which are designed to mimic various flooring types including wood, stone and tile. LVTs mimic these flooring types exceptionally well and are a practical solution in a range of environments including both commercial and domestic settings. Here at Contract Flooring, we have put together a guide on how best to care for this resilient flooring solution to ensure they look their best over the years.
LVTs are well known for being easy to clean and care for making them a practical solution for any busy domestic or commercial area. However, to ensure your LVTs look their best you will need to clean and maintain them properly. Here are our top tips from our flooring experts to help you care for this stunning flooring choice.
General LVT Maintenance Guidelines
- Never drag furniture across LVTs as this can damage the flooring. Instead, lift any furniture that needs to be moved.
- Ensure that all rugs used on LVTs have a non-slip backing to prevent them from sliding or causing any accidents.
- Place doormats at the entrances of your home to catch dirt and moisture. This will reduce the levels of dirt that reach your LVTs and reduce the levels of cleaning required.
- Shutting curtains or blinds to prevent strong sunlight from shining on your LVTs will slow or prevent the fading of your LVTs.
- LVTs are incredibly easy to clean making them a practical solution for numerous locations. Your LVTs will require little more than a daily brush and regular mopping.
- Hoover regularly or sweep with a soft brush to remove general debris and dust that gathers.
- Mop weekly to remove any stains. However, never soak your LVTs. Instead, use a well wrung out mop or damp cloth. Although water resistant, applying high levels of water on a regular basis to LVT can penetrate the under layers and cause damage which will reduce the longevity of your LVTs.
Removing Stains from LVTs
- Although LVTs are extremely easy to clean some stains can be more difficult to remove than others.
- To remove a stubborn stain you’ll need a damp cloth and a mild detergent.
- Don’t soak your floor but instead use a well wrung out damp cloth or mop.
- If the stain is still visible then use a soft bristled brush, moving in gentle motions to remove the stain but not damage the flooring.
- Don’t use aggressive cleaning agents, steam cleaners or leave large amounts of water on the floor after cleaning.
Maintaining the Finish of your LVTs
- The top layer of LVTs provides a shield to everyday wear and tear that your flooring goes through. LVTs are finished with a treatment to resist scratching and enable ease of care.
- In order to maintain the luxurious finish of your LVTs remove food, grease or liquid spills as soon as they happen using the tips we’ve provided above.
- Check that any cleaning products you use on your LVTs are safe for use on this flooring type.
- Do not use wax on your LVTs as this can make the floor slippery and dull the appearance of your LVTs.
Luxury Vinyl Tiles with Contract Flooring
We hope you have found these tips helpful. If you’re interested in sourcing high quality and low maintenance Luxury Vinyl Tiles for your commercial or domestic flooring project then get in touch with us here at Contract Flooring Supplies. Call us on 01 4568422 or email us on email@example.com.